It's been two weeks since Mike and Austin were part of the Cobb Children's Theatre performance of WEST SIDE STORY. They rehearsed and prepared for 3 months, 3 days a week, until the last two weeks, when it was every day. It's a pretty intense thing. But I have to say, they did an amazing job. A bunch of amateur kids get together, and with some great adults working with them present a show any professional would have been proud to be part of.
I wish I had pictures from the show itself, but I don't. However for a few days you will be able to see some at photofactoryinc.com -- go to view and order, then go to IGPHOTOgraphy and click on west side story. This picture above is Austin. He was not a member of the cast, but was a part of the crew. He helped build the sets, supervise the "green room" backstage, and operate the spotlight, as you see here, kindof. He was quite proud to be wearing the headset.
Here is Mike after the performance, flanked by our neighbor Jordan Wood (crew member also) and on the right by our friend Stephen Dodson, who played the part of "Action". Mike played the role of "Baby John", the youngest of the Jets gang, who still maintains the innocence that most of the other gang members have lost.
Austin after the show --did he forget to shave?

Mike between shows on Saturday afternoon -- looking his best in stage makeup. Do you think they have any fun? I guess they must have had a little -- tryouts were last Saturday for "A Christmas Carol" and Mike, Austin and Jordan were there. They all were assigned small parts, but that just means they will get to play more than one part this time. I will tell you all about it in November.
1 comment:
Yay!!!! Good job Mike and Austin! I cant wait to see some pictures of the show. Maybe when I come out for Thanksgiving I can see the video.
Post a Comment