Monday, September 15, 2008

The creatures!

By request, here are some pictures of the reptilian creatures that inhabit our house. Erik is holding "Set", our biggest and eldest snake. She is a Ball Python, about 4 1/2 ft. long, and mostly full grown. She is very sweet and eats one medium sized rat about every 3 weeks.
The smaller snake in Erik's hands is "Roland", Erik's birthday gift. Roland is a Rosey Boa, and is not too nice yet. She needs to get used to us more, be fed more, ect. Hopefully she will be more mild as she gets older.
Below is Austin's Spotted Python. He has never given it a name, so I call it "Spot Collins". Spot is very nice, eats one "hopper"(teenage mouse) a week.
We also have two leopard geckos. The other one is shedding it's skin, and doesn't look nice for pictures at the moment. This is "Rex" and the other one is "Blaze". Between them they eat about 3 dozen crickets each week.

3 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I think there are laws against having a zoo in your house. haha Don't tell the neighbors!!! :) I can't believe all the snakes! Hopefully Roland gets a little nicer....or else!

Vanessa said...

Oh, I don't know if I could handle all the snakes. I would certainly have a hard time sleeping at night! haha. It was fun seeing all the creatures though!

Mom said...

I don't know if I told you that one of the first people Roland bit was Athena -- naughty snake! he just left a little pinch mark on her arm, but, anyway -- how rude!