Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recipe of the day

These pictures don't really go with this blog entry, but he was too cute to resist when he conked out on the way home from a friend's birthday party. Hotdogs, cheetoes, and suckers can be just too much for a little guy.
I drove Erik to work this afternoon, came home to the luscious smell of vanilla floating through the house. Rachelle was having a "tea party" with her friends, Michael was playing with Athena, Steve was taking a nap upstairs. As I was drawn toward the kitchen, I rounded the counter and glanced down to find Matthew adding sugar from the big cannister to his small flower vase, which was full of imitation vanilla extract. Before I could realize he was not finished, he poured himself another half cup of vanilla, went and got the carton and added a few teaspoons of milk. i tried to tell him it wouldn't taste good, but I figured he would find that out on his own. Sure enough, a few minutes later I heard him express his disappointment as only he can, --- "Iss not taste". Do you think he might be a chef or a chemist some day?

Which brings me to another choice memory of the week. Monday when I picked him up from preschool, he noticed his reflection in the van window and seemed happy as he told me there were "pickles" on his face. Pickles? I was puzzled for a moment, (trying to recall what I had packed in his lunchbunch bag) until I realized what it was he was looking at --- Freckles!

2 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

That first picture is priceless!!! I can't get over it! How cute!!! He just goes and goes and goes and then passes out! Let Matthew know that I have pickles on my face too! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that first picture is hilarious! it is amazing how quickly kids can fall asleep! love it!