Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to our "OOL"

This is an unusual year for us. I have actually been courageous enough to take the kids to the neighborhood pool several times a week on my own. Swimming is not my best sport, so I always waited til Steve could go to the pool with us, he being a BSA certified lifeguard and all. This year Matthew can do quite well with a floatie vest, and the others can all swim on their own. I can breathe a big sigh, and I can sit in the shade while they swim. ( I am not a big sun worshipper either). But as long as we go earlier in the day, I am finding that it is not so bad to hang out and daydream while the kids enjoy the sun.Abbie and Rachelle made themselves beautiful before attending the Royal Ball of the Land of the Little People.
When they heard the music of the leprechauns, so filled with joy were they that their feet scarce touched the ground.


Matthew had not been charmed by the music; and while the green clothed gentlemen played on, he searched until he found their legendary "pot of gold"
Prince Austin, and his other brother, Austin (Wright) also fell under the spell and began to dance, winning the Michael Flatley Award for the fastest flying feet.
Mother was lucky today, that she was! She could be part of their happy innocence, as childhood is fleeting -- one must be quiet so as to hear the song and be in step with their joy.

2 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I'm so impressed with you going to the pool! It's probably nice not to have to take care of a tiny one around the water. Well next year Athena will want you to take her with you and then it might be more difficult! The kids all look so cute!

Jacki said...

HOW FUN! Those kids are SO TAN!! Camille makes a good point... Enjoy this summer because next summer you will probably be chasing Athena around the pool!