Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day

Sunday was Father's Day. Steve wore several ties to church (made especially for him by his primary-age children). He got several great cards from his older kids and his granddaughters. We also surprised him by fhaving the deck completely repaired,reorganized, and adorned with a new table and chairs set. He has always enjoyed spending quiet mornings outside on the deck pondering or reading his scriptures.

We have been married for 27 years. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine a man who is better than Steve is. Every single morning, and every single night he petitions the Lord for guidance in his life, and blessings for those he loves. He works harder than anyone I know -- gives more energy, time and loyalty to those who employ him. He gives 150 percent to his callings-- usually scouting, but also hometeaching or anything else he is asked to do. He is gentle and kind and patient at home. He takes time to talk with his children, teach them, guide them, bless them, love them. His love for them is truly unconditional, as the Savior's love is, and he always has faith in their ability to become someone great. As the kids grow and mature, I see how much his influence has shaped their lives. We have all been blessed beyond measure to have Steve as the patriarch and example in our home.

7 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Happy Father's Day Daddy! The deck looks awesome! I can't wait to sit out there over Thanksgiving(even though it will probably be too cold but oh well). I love how Athena just blends right in!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Chesnut family looks GREAT! I can't believe how BIG everyone has gotten!!! Glad everyone is well! :)

Becca (Cline) Tuck

j,d and little b said...

Holy Cow is that little Matthew! He isn't so little anymore! Everyone looks so good! Thanks for the well wishes! Hope all is well!

J'net said...

What a nice tribute to a GOOD man!
It is SUCH a blessing in life when two people
find each other and have a good relationship and
the benefits are a fun family!
Seems like you guys have the corner on the market
of this...
Congrats and happy summer!
I bet that deck is gettin' the cook outs!
Aloha!

Jacki said...

That is so sweet Liz! I hope I can be writing the same things when Brooks and I have been married for 27 years.

Pa Pa Jim said...

You are right Liz. Steve is a great man, husband, & father!!!

Mom said...

Wow, I would like to meet this guy some day.

Thanks Liz, you are the best.

Steve