Friday, July 11, 2008

One More Memory

I may have told you that Aunt Dollie's house is small. In was built around 1940. Two bedrooms up, one downstairs in the partially finished basement. Uncle Sonny as been so sweet to fix things so it would be more convenient for us when we cometo visit. There used to be just one bathroom , with a tub, on the main floor. So Sonny rigged up a shower downstairs in the corner of the laundry area. If you are very tall you have to bend a bit to get clean, but it gets the job done.For Jake, it was a bit more challenging...
Look out for the pipes!
Oh, Uncle Sonny also fixed up a tiny bathroom -- there is about an inch between the toilet and the sink, so you have to sit sideways.....
That is, if you can fit through the doorway! Don't lose your head, Jake!
We get a good chuckle at my Uncle's improvisation -- but it works! And we know he loves us! Thanks Uncle Sonny! we love you too!

3 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I love it! Those pictres were perfect!!! hahah I can't get over Jake trying to get through that door!

Jacki said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Jake looks like a Abercrombie & Fitch ogre!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

The picture of me "Stuck in the doorway" is my favorite!
I think JACKI's just jelous she couldn't kill the spiders we did while we were there.
I'll always have a place in my heart for Aunt Dollie's & Uncle Sonny's house in TOOOOOOO-WILLA!!!!
(JAKE)