Okay -- Im still blogging about my trip to Utah. While I was there I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in a while. First, this is me with my friend Dave Chapoose. Dave and I lived just a few blocks from each other when we were in our teens. In high school, he and I hung out with our other friends, Rocky and Mike most of the time. For a while we all went to church at his ward -- the indian ward. We went to early morning seminary, went to softball games, lots of stuff. I hadn't seen him in over 25 years. He lives on the indian reservation now, in eastern Utah. He drove about 3 1/2 hours to come visit me.
Now that's a good old friend!
Camille (and her family) and Andy and I went to visit Lurene Toone, whose husband, Joe, was our bishop when we lived in Minnesota. Joe passed away in February of 1992, and that year we moved into the house across the street from Lurene. I like to think that Heavenly Father let us be neighbors so we could help each other through things. Lurene was the one who stayed with our kids when we went to the hospital to have Michael. Lurene is now living in Provo near all three of her kids and their families.
1 comment:
You look really pretty in that picture with Dave! :)
Post a Comment