Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Erinn!

Hard to believe, but 20 years ago Steve and I brought home a little 7 1/2 pound bundle wrapped in white. Within a short time she turned into a spunky little lady with a headful of unruly blond curls. She was a beautiful girl who hated to have her picture taken and hated to have her hair brushed. I did not call her stubborn, we chose to say she was "determined". All these years later, she is still determined. She knows where she wants to go and then heads out. Not much can get in her way. Her strength and determination are qualities she brought with her from the pre-existence, and we always knew she would need them at some point. Today she is set on being a great mother, getting an advanced degree and earning a fine living. I have to believe she will reach them all, for that is the way she is, and I am so thankful for her. On top of all those things, she is a dear friend, and a lot of fun to be around. Happy Birthday Erinn! I love ya!
We are now entering birthday season in the Chesnut household. Leading off here is Erinn, celebrating her 20th on Monday. Since her calendar was already booked for that day, we broke out the cake and icecream a day early.
Athena enjoyed the event --

Next year I'm sure she will want to help Mommy blow out the candles!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

So this starts birthday after birthday huh?

Between kids, grandkids and kid-in-laws, you guys will be celebrating a birthday every week!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Happy Birthday Erinn!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! Athena looks soooo cute in those pics! I miss them!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erinn!! Cute, cute pictures!!!