Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas season seemed very short this year. Maybe that is because our focus was on Steve getting a job offer (and all the chaos that inspires). Overstock.com is his new employer, and Utah is to be our new home once the school year is over.

But, back to Christmas.


Ger slippers. Austin needed Ger slippers to round out his attire on "pajama day"at school, on the last day before Christmas break. Why is it that you can only get Ger slippers at my least favorite store, in my least favorite place to shop (the mall) at Christmas time? But I did it, only because my son, my adorable son with the irresistable puppy dog eyes, actually WANTS to dress up for pajama day at his middle school. (Bet you would do it too!)
This is the annual Christmas quilt which the whole family makes, then gives away. It was very pretty this year.
This is the tree, with bulbs all clumped up in certain places that are easier for some small people to reach than others, and no color coordination at all this year. It was beautiful!
Sometimes it just isn't about perfection.

2 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Love the ornaments, not sure if you have enough. :) I would say its pretty much perfect though. Austin looks awesome! Love the Ger slippers, you are such a good mom...and fyi I LOVE THE MALL :)

Jacki said...

That is my motto now:

Sometimes it is not about perfection!

I love it!