Camille and Kennedy flew in from Arizona the same morning and we all met up in the SLC airport. Athena and Kennedy were so glad to be back together as cousins!
As usual, when we get Camille and Erinn together, people mistake one for the other. Do you think Athena notices she is in Aunt Camille's lap and not her mommys?
Kennedy was immediately smothered by her loving aunts, Rachelle and Abbie. She did not seem to mind though, even though for most of the trip she was not feeling her best. She and Athena took turns keeping us all awake at night with coughs and crying spells.
We had a great time, a relaxed time, at Grandma and Grandpa Chesnut's house. I could not believe my eyes when I saw how big my big boys were there in Grandma's kitchen. Sometimes you dont see those things as clearly until you put them in another context. Here they are -- My, how time flies.
I think we made some extrordinary memories this trip. There were moments in the van when everybody relived Andy's childhood, or when the kids all tried to see who could make the ugliest scary face (Erinn and Erik were pretty good at it!) Saturday evening the kids decided to play football in the side yard. Ryan, Camille, Erinn, Erik, Mike, Austin, Rachelle and Abbie. It was one of those times I just sat and watched them have fun together, thanked God, and marveled that they all came from just Steve and I. I have heard of having joy and rejoicing in your posterity -- this, I have to say, was a pretty good example.I will blog more later about Andy and Kristi's wedding and the reception. I have some pics from the reception, but not a single one of the bride and groom -- so I need to get some for you. Right now they are on a cruise for their honeymoon. They are so in love, we could barely get them to look at anything but each other the whole time!
3 comments:
Those pictures are sooo cute! I had so much fun! We cant wait till Thanksgiving when Jake will be there too. LOTS more memories to make!!! LOVE YOU!
I can't believe how big Athena is getting. I like how you spoke about watching everyone play football. That must have been such a treat! We can't wait to see you guys for Andy's Open House. Hopefully we will see more of you when Jake and Camille get here!
Where was Matthew during the "big BOY" picture?
He just cracks me up!!
So much fun when "the FAMILY gets together!"
I hear a song comin' on!
Loved the Halloween costume idea for the reception!
They are going to have a very creative marriage I would think! Good update of kids growing up, amazing how that happens! Yes, that is the "joy" of a mother's heart to watch 'em PLAY and have fun! It's right up there with shopping at TARGET for me!!! (none on this island...)
Aloha
Post a Comment