Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Leaving Georgia
After 5 months in the "little house" on Joy Ride Drive, it was time to join Steve in Utah. The evening before we left, lots of friends came to the Christopher Robbins' pool to say good-bye and wish us well. Here are just a few - Jamie, Addie, Tristan, with Austin and Mike in back.
We had the excitement of getting one more good Georgia rainstorm during the party (reminiscent of the tornado warning during our farewell party from Minnesota!) but soon it passed over and everyone was back in the pool til after 10.
On Sunday we went to church as we had planned, stayed for the "linger-longer dinner in the cultural hall -- where all our Georgia kids came to join us once more and say goodbyes.
A couple more little details, and we were on the road, heading for Nashville Tennessee, where we would stay the night. Here Mike and Austin are teaching Matthew to quote the movie "Night at the Museum II" -- Hey baybay! Come check out de gunshow goin' on right here -- BOOM! BOOM! Firepower!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Liz!
Jim Roberts told us last night you are already in Utah! We would love to get together sometime! Write to me on my e mail and we can find a time that works. Welcome to your new home.
Your friend, Elizabeth Bennett
So glad you guys got to Utah safely plus we already got to visit you :) Kennedy is still saying "Boom, boom, firepower." Thanks brothers!
ohhh we already miss you and your family Liz :( We were out of town the last Sunday all of you were here and didn't get to see you again before you left Georgia. Sounds like you are enjoying your new home in Utah. I'm so glad you arrived safely. I will always remember the Chesnut Family when I ride by "Christopher Robin's Blustery Way" and "Joy Ride Drive". I will always remember watching Rachel and Abby for you when they were oh so young. They have just grown so quickly, and beautifully I might add. We also enjoyed having Steve as our Home Teacher and having you as my friend. God bless you all as your life continues in Utah. We will keep in touch and I sure hope to see you sometime soon when you are able to visit Georgia. Please let me know so I can be here to see you. I know you are looking forward to your new grandson! :) I'm ready for a new baby myself and Wendy's and Billy's baby boy will be here the end of September. We love you Liz and will miss you tons. I visited your blog through Vanessa's. Please call if you get the opportunity. Love you. Take care, Love Marilyn Hamby
Glad the farewell party happened, IF the lightening had lingered... you would NOT have been able to leave! Those "last" parties are VERY important!!
Heard you are lovin' the new place! See you more now you are in UTAH!? I did finally have one of those creamies and they DO get a thumbs up!!! Thanks for the tip from all the Kennedy "creamie" pictures!!
Aloha, this is J'net, not Dad Michael.
Glad the farewell party happened, IF the lightening had lingered... you would NOT have been able to leave! Those "last" parties are VERY important!!
Heard you are lovin' the new place! See you more now you are in UTAH!? I did finally have one of those creamies and they DO get a thumbs up!!! Thanks for the tip from all the Kennedy "creamie" pictures!!
Aloha, this is J'net, not Dad Michael.
Post a Comment