Sunday, May 04, 2008

Okay, So it's been almost two years since I posted on this blog. Life has been a little out of hand I guess. In the meantime, Camille and Jake have a beautiful baby girl who will turn 1 this week, and Camille has done a great job of blogging little Kennedy's pictures. Erinn now has a blog for her baby girl, Athena, who is going to be 8 weeks old this friday.

Me, I feel like I have been trying to nail jello to the wall for the past few years, as I have tried to keep Matthew out of trouble in the midst of our busy family life. Matthew is 3 1/2 and he can ride a scooter, bicycle, skateboard -- he can belt a baseball when you toss it to him. too. We put special locks high on the doors in the house -- he climbs up on things and unlocks them. He is especially attracted to the basketball hoop in the neighbor's yard across the street, so he loves to dash across the road if I am not looking. Inside the house he can get into almost as much trouble-- drawing on walls or in books, checking out how the toilet works, or how to operate the sewing machine, computer, stovetop. He likes to tie knots in any long thin item, preferably to dangle from the upstairs railing. The easiest way to keep him busy is to give him a roll of masking tape and let him go at it. He tapes together the table and benches, random bits and pieces, the doorknobs and the pillar in the family room, maybe the bike or a stuffed toy too. He has a very busy mind and it's a challenge to try to think one step ahead of him.

Abbie and Rachelle have been playing soccer. Their team name is the Sparkles. Austin, Mike and Erik just finished up acting in the musical "Beauty and the Beast" with the Cobb Children's Theatre. It doesn't sound like much, but wow, I am tired.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Such a great way to keep up with the ones we love! I enjoy keep up with Camille and now Erinn's family. Sounds like you have your hands absolutely full with little Matthew. I honestly don't know how you've done it 10 times! You are such a special mother and daughter of God and a spectacular example of sacrifice and love.

Maria said...

Hi Liz. It was good to hear how the family is doing! I still think about your family often. Yesterday I picked up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch at the store and it reminded me of how when I was at your house growing up you would always have lots of that and I would take full advantage. Also, I remember you always having string cheese and would get Camille in a little trouble because I would eat too many!
I was thinking after reading your post Heavenly Father must have kept Matthew last just to keep you on your toes (not that you wouldn't have enough without him)! You are amazing. I know people probably say it to you all the time but I don't know how you did it...or do it. Before I was married I want 6 or so kids. Once I was married that changed to maybe 4. Then after having one...one just might be the perfect number! haha Well now I guess two...

Anyway I hope everyone is doing wonderful! Send me your email (thorpe.maria@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to my blog.